Thursday, June 26, 2008

Compost Bin and Tomato Seedling Update

My mini-compost bin seems to be composting fairly well. I've been keeping it damp and stirring it every few days. As a result, most of the vegetable, leafy, and paper matter seem to be breaking down rather rapidly. Stems and other woody materials are, of course, taking a bit longer to decompose. All in all, I'm very pleased with its performance so far.

a look inside the compost bin

A few days ago I posted that five of the six Black Prince tomato seeds that I harvested and planted had sprouted. The sixth joined the other five shortly after the that update post. They seem to be doing well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tomato growing so fast!
My seedlings are little bigger from yours. I think it's interesting to watch them while growing because we sow them so late.