Tuesday, July 22, 2008

World's Smallest Vegetable Bed

Well maybe there is one smaller somewhere in the world, but the flower/veggie bed that I built yesterday is pretty tiny. I plan on growing a tomato plant (haven't settled on a variety yet) and perhaps one of the Purple Beauty bell peppers that I bought for Marianne (I detest bell peppers, but she loves them). The things are supposedly purple even before they ripen, and should look very cool. When I decide on a tomato plant variety, I will plant another of the same age and type in one of my containers. Then, at the end of the year, I can compare their growth and production. I'm curious to see if the tomatoes on the plant in the ground will grow larger than those on the container plant.

1 comment:

DP Nguyen said...

Aw, that is a cute but tiny vegetable bed. I would settle on a smaller variety of tomato because the space is limited. I have a purple bell, and it does become purple before it ripens. It's really pretty!!! I'm interested to see how your experiment goes. I'm doing a similar experiment with our strawberries. We have one planted and one that is potted.